1. Trying is the hardest part. Once you uncover the goal that is deeply entrenched in your heart, going after it is terrifying. You’ll do anything to hide from it. Booze, dating, binge TV watching, anything. But trying every day, even when it goes poorly, is the recipe for success.
2. The 3 people you spend the most time with will MAKE OR BREAK your life.
3. There is pure, unmitigated magic in following your dreams. And it happens quickly.
4. Long-term travel is harder than people make it look on Facebook.
5. The material amount of things I require to be happy is almost non-existent.
6. If you f*** up, say you’re sorry and mean it.
7. $10,000 goes very, very far in certain parts of the world.
8. Track your progress with a chart or checklist. That which gets measured gets managed. Progress is next to impossible without rigorous tracking.
9. Traveling in third world countries? Bring activated charcoal pills. They will save your life.
10. Hanging around people that don’t believe in you and your dreams is extremely dangerous. You might end up believing their doubts more than you believe in yourself.
11. Time is a non-renewable resource. Money is totally renewable. At any time.
12. Being shy is often a losing move. Talk to the person next to you.
13. Spend money on high-quality food.
14. Travel and meeting new people is the beating pulse of my entire soul. And knowledge from great mystics. These two things combined will drive the rest of my life. I was born for this. I am filled with gratitude that it’s happening. Completely filled with gratitude.