7 Things To Pack When You Move Abroad.
(to a less modern city like Cusco, Peru)...
I moved to Cusco, Peru on July 4, 2016 to live there for one year.
I pestered the HECK out of the Expats of Cusco Facebook Group about what to bring with me so I would have no regrets / emergencies.
This list could be useful for a number of expat havens - not a place like Chiang Mai, Thailand which is super modern and you can get EVERYTHING...but places like: Guatemala, coastal cities in Costa Rica, semi-rural Bali or Lombok, etc.
1. Thick, warm slippers that fit well for places that get cold like Cusco. You would not BELIEVE how annoying it gets to walk on super cold floors in thin socks after a while. Bring good slippers!
2. High quality boots that are as water proof as possible and already broken in BEFORE you move so you know they are the correct size.
3. Many battery chargers (ex: mophie) for the phone & other devices.
4. Vitamins, supplements (BEST: Athletic Greens), & ACTIVATED CHARCOAL PILLS!
5. A backup phone if possible, even if it's an older version.
6. A high quality 30-35 Liter Backpack.
7. A passport that is not getting close to its expiration date & has a few blank pages.
Hope this helps!
Safe travels, always!